Thursday, April 16, 2009

People Pleasing Codependency

Deep right? This what I have discovered about myself. Its not so much that I'm there for people's problems as much as in certain circumstances and with certain people, I 1. Cannot be completely honest with them and how the nature of our relationship may not be what's best for me and 2. Feel that as long as I feel like I am needed by these people, then I have to be there.
The bottom line for realizing all of this is that I should be trying to please God. Some relationships I have should be completely severed, but for those two reasons choose people over God and pleasing Him.
This is harder for me than almost anything. I care about these people A LOT. Some have been in my life for a long time, some just a little while. And truth be told, I don't really want to do it. But its not about me. If I can swing this, I think I will have turned a very important corner in my spiritual growth.
Even though I can't see God smiling when I do the right thing, I know that he is.

No comments: