Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring in Texas!

I love Texas in the spring. The colors are amazing. The grass is green. The bluebonnets are blue. There are Indian paint brushes, pink poesy's, some strange yellow "weed" that takes over fields and looks like sunshine on the ground. It's amazing! It makes me happy. It makes me thankful. It makes me aware of Matthew 12:27-29
27"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 28If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! 29And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.
Worry is my middle name. Ever since i was a child i have worried. I worried when my parents fought. I worried that we didn't have enough money. I worried that Russia would attack the US in 1987. Yes, it's like i was born worrying. I've spent most of my adult life trying to "calm down". I am high strung by nature, but people would never know it because of the God that lives within me and because of my hyper sensitivity to it. Some of the old hymns from teeny tiny Baptist churches are beginning to ring true for me.
"I woke up this morning with my mind
Stayed on Jesus.
I woke up this morning with my mind
Stayed on Jesus."
That is where i want to be. That is how i want my life. To live without question, without doubt, without worry. To be a lilly in the field.

No comments: