Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sister Circle

I have a sister. She came into the world 21 months after me. She is wonderful and nothing in the world can replace her. But over the years, I have met various women who I am proud to call my "sister". Currently, at my job there are half a dozen of us Sisters. We (as cliche as it might sound) laugh together, cry together, celebrate together. Recently, the mother of one of my Sisters passed away. It was a lengthy and painful illness. The Sisters got on the phone, the computer, their sidekicks and made arrangements to be there for our Sister. I have been through many, many deaths in my life. I was hoping that our presence would be of some benefit. It was arranged that we would wear pink lilly corsages and go together. We walked in just as she was walking in with her family and the look on her face when she saw us and our pink flowers made me so happy to be a part of our little Sister Circle. Family always goes way beyond blood. Family is there when your real family is dealing with their own drama or can't understand or just flat out don't approve. I have a handful of Sisters that are of no relation to me, and I like it like that.

No comments: