Monday, October 6, 2008

Modern Technology

Sucks!
*Sigh*
I dropped my phone last week and cracked the LCD screen. Now, unfortunately, i can't see who is calling, text messages, time, schedule......basically, nothing. All i can see is the Picasso-esque crack in the middle of my screen, and hear the phone when it rings. This latter is of some solace because almost everyone in my phone has a special ring. The smarter people over the weekend would call after an unanswered text message. I apologize to all others.
Back in the day, a dropped phone would have meant a little less.....i suppose, hassle. It has been incredibly inconvenient to not be able to see who is calling me. To miss the Cowboys game and not be able to see the text message of the score (i slept through that and sports center).
I had to answer practically every call because i had to let them know that i had no way of calling them back and "could you call me back at about 6:00? My Grandma will be calling at 5:00." I was supposed to confirm football game plans at the State Fair with a friend....if you're reading this, i'm so sorry. Give me a call when you get a chance. When i went to the wrong movie theater, i had to wait for my friends to call me about the new time.
It sort of made me wonder how in the world we made it through life without cell phones.
My new phone should be here sometime today or tomorrow. Not soon enough...

No comments: