Thursday, December 6, 2007

Republicrat or Demopublican or whatever...

So, it's December. It doesn't really feel real that the year is over. Mostly because it's still 80 degrees in some parts of Texas.....This also means that the realization of 2008 being an election year has become very important. Our very own primaries(?) are in a few months, and it is time to start paying attention.
I am confused. Very confused. I'm conservative in some areas, liberal in others and most candidates for both parties cross lines for me. It's so hard to choose because the one or two that are "conservative liberals" i just flat out don't like and/or trust.
HOWEVER
Whenever i start to fret, i mean really fret over this, i remind myself that just as i pray about everything else, i should pray about this. Wanting answers and direction for everything else, but skipping something that is so incredibly important for so many reasons should not happen.
The media makes this very hard. My own feelings make this very hard. But in the end, just like i trust God for everything else, i have to trust God to guide me toward someone that won't run this place into the ground.
What? My faith makes me an automatic republican? Heck no. I'm not that crazy. I think Bush has done a terrible job of mixing faith and politics. I am leaning heavily toward them not mixing, but i don't know how realistic that is.
So, i have a little less than a year to get a made up mind. Pray that God guides the rest of the country to do the same.

No comments: