Thursday, August 21, 2008

And the answer is.....Uncomfortable Character

That's why doing the right thing feels so crummy. God wants all of us to have good character. Sometimes, in the process of that, we feel uncomfortable. So be it. God would rather we be uncomfortable and have good character than be comfortable and feel okay about doing things that exhibit bad character. Sometimes it's okay to be in a state of uncomfortableness (is that a word?) it means your spirit is pricked, your conviction is alive. That's good. You feel badly, you feel guilty, that's good. You should worry when you do things that are less than stellar and you feel nothing. The guilt in my life is really weighing on me and now, i count it all joy. The Holy Spirit is still alive in me. God still loves me enough to convict me, and i am forgiven in His name and by His grace.
Now, all i have to do is continue to try to grow in Him/with Him/for Him.

No comments: