Monday, August 18, 2008

Just Thanks!

I love to help. Its a blessing and sometimes a curse. Yesterday was definitley a day when it was a blessing. I help out with the college students at my church. There are a handful of students that we help out more than others. We feed them, counsel them, give them money if they need it, and many, many other duties as assigned. I do not like Waco very much and the past few months began to wonder if I was serving any purpose. My students showed us that we are. They took the time to make a video to thank the four of us who work with them individually. I haven't been moved or even appreciated like that in such a long time. These students are driven, determined, and more spiritually mature than most people I know. They make the effort to be better individuals and best of all better christians. It's so nice to see the future look so bright for them because of their dedication and devotion to God. I wish I knew more people now who are like them and who were my age.

No comments: