Tuesday, July 29, 2008

To Be Real

Does one really want to reap what they sow? Of course not. You must be careful what you sow. I'm hoping that i have sown good seed. I'm hoping that the seeds i'm sowing now are good, although i know that some aren't.
To be in God's will means to do things you sometimes don't want to do and to not do things that you really want to do. I do my quiet time (though not as faithfully as i should) so that i can hear from God. The more time you spend with Him, the better you are able to hear His voice. I spent so much quiet time in the beginning of the year. So much time praying for people and for church.
I believe that when you pray for people, situations, families that your prayers are heard and God starts to move. I believe that everyone has an angel or two, and that those angels are dispatched to do whatever it is that God deems to be the solution to the problem prayed for. I believe that when the enemy sees the good that is happening, he sends his own angels to disrupt the good that is being done. I've been praying for a few marriages, some specific, some in general. I'm not the only one either. Now, many, many marriages are in trouble or over. I'm not saying that my prayers are so effective that that is the reason for the disruption. BUT many people have been praying -- for specific marriages and marriage in general. More to the point my own views of marriage have been skewed. So not only are the marriages under attack, but the frame of mind of stable singles are as well. I'm not the only single girl who sees the break down, and it's beginning to affect us. The trick is to pray without ceasing. Pray and keep praying no matter what. Because the prayers of the righteous avails much (James 5:16).

No comments: